September 14, 2022
Your privacy is critically important to us. At Locovery ("Locovery", "we", "us", "our"), we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don't ask you for personal information unless we truly need it. (We can't stand services that ask you for things like your gender or income level for no apparent reason.)
- We don't share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop or operate our products or services, or protect our rights.
- We don't store personal information on our servers or the offsite servers of the third-party service providers we use to provide our core services unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
- In our social networking and mobile application products, we aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what is visible to the public, seen by search engines, kept private, and permanently deleted.
Locovery operates a mobile application (the "Application"). It is Locovery's policy to respect the privacy of the Application's users ("you", "your") regarding any information collected through the Application.
Locovery collects, or may have a third-party service providers collect, non-personally-identifying information of the sort that mobile applications typically make available, such as the type of device using the Application, the operating system, location information, and aggregated user statistics. For instance, Locovery may monitor the most popular features of the Application. Locovery's purpose in collecting non-personally-identifying information is to better understand how users utilize the Application. From time to time, Locovery may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing or disclosing to third parties a report on trends in the usage of the Application or of mobile applications including the Application.
Locovery may acquire the user's locations for showing relevant data in the mobile application based on the user's location. Locovery is not storing this data in a database.
Certain users of the Application choose to interact with Locovery in ways that require Locovery to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Locovery gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask users who log in to a social network through the Application to provide a username and an email address. Those who engage in transactions with Locovery are asked to provide additional personally-identifying information, including, as necessary, their first and last name, physical address, telephone number, and additional data such as financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Locovery collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the user interaction with Locovery. Locovery does not share personally-identifying information other than as described below. Users can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Application-related activities.
Sharing of Personally-Identifying Information
Locovery shares personally-identifying information only with those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Locovery's behalf or to provide services available through the Application, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. For instance, Locovery uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, data storage, and related technology required to run the services available through the Application. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country. Locovery will not rent or sell personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Locovery discloses personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, or when Locovery believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Locovery, third parties or the public at large.
Use of Email Addresses and Push Notifications
If you have supplied your email address as part of your use of the Application, Locovery may, subject to the applicable law, occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what is going on with Locovery and our products. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum.
With your consent, Locovery may also send push notifications or alerts to the device you use to access the Application. Such notifications can reach you even when you are not logged in to the Application or the Application is not running on your device. Locovery uses push notifications to send you messages related to the services provided through the Application or to make available to you general information regarding Locovery and its products. You can deactivate push notifications in the settings of the Application or of your device at any time.
Protection of Information
Locovery takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect your personally identifiable information against unauthorized access, use, alteration, loss, or destruction.
Neither Locovery nor any third party engages in the collection of personally-identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services when you are accessing or using the Application. For this reason, the Application does not respond to "Do Not Track" signals or other mechanisms providing you the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of such information.
The Application is not directed and should not be available to children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect any kind of personal information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 13, do not use the Application or otherwise provide us with personal information. If we become aware that such information has been collected, we will immediately delete such information. If any parent or guardian learns or otherwise becomes aware of a child under 13 years of age using the Application or otherwise providing personal information to us, please contact us.
Service is the https://www.locovery.com website operated by Locovery
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and Last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
- This information is not shared with any thirds party and is even not stored in the database, it is used only to display the user name on the calling screen
- User Images
- This information remains private in our database and it is shared security in a third-party service that is in Stream chat for managing the flow of our application. Locovery collects such information only as it is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the user interaction with Locovery.
- Requested Permissions
- Locovery will request the following permissions on your device:
- This is required only in iOS for Sending push notification
- Access Camera
- This required to capture user images
- This is required to get the user’s current location for showing relevant data
- Access Photo
- This is required to read images from external storage
- Phone Account Permission
- This required only in android for Audio/Video phone calls
- Read Contact
- This is required to read the user’s contact information
- Record Audio
- This is required only in android for audio calling
- Locovery will request the following permissions on your device:
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Locovery uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to - and maintained on - computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Locovery may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Locovery
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
As an European citizen, under GDPR, you have certain individual rights. You can learn more about these guides in the GDPR Guide.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Piwik / Matomo
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Review of and Changes to Personally-Identifying Information
Email us at email@example.com to find out what personally-identifying information we have collected about you and request any necessary changes.